It is the philosophy of the Mountlake Terrace High School Boy’s basketball program that student athletes will learn how to develop their basketball skills, be taught drills, offensive and defensive strategies that will allow them to succeed in the game of basketball. They will also develop a greater sense of athletic achievement, sportsmanship, self-confidence and pride; while striving to positively represent themselves, their teammates, their families, and Mountlake Terrace High School as representatives of our basketball program.
The following are of academic, behavior and athletic characteristics that all members of the Mountlake Terrace Boy’s Basketball team will exhibit consistently to remain a member of the program while being a part of a championship team.
As a member of the MTHS boy's basketball program I will:
- Always be a person who shows up early and dressed in appropriate attire for all MTHS commitments.
- Always be a role model for all MTHS students.
- Always display a positive attitude.
- Always hustle with my teammates to the bench, locker room, scorers table or free throw line.
- Always acknowledge my teammates on both positive negative plays.
- Always treat officials and opponents with respect and good sportsmanship.
- Hustle to the loose basketball.
- Never give up dribble penetration.
- Never force a shot.
- Never get beat running the floor
- Never show a sign of fatigue.
- Always play within the concept of our offense